Colin P. Cochran, JD.
Colin focuses his practice primarily on patent and trademark prosecution. He has represented clients across a wide range of technologies at the USPTO. Including medical devices, electrical appliances, devices, metal compounds, latch mechanisms, and computer and software-related inventions. Colin works with inventors from the initial concept through issuing a patent to develop the best strategy for the broadest protection.
Colin previously worked as a patent agent and later as an associate attorney for a boutique patent prosecution firm near Cleveland, Ohio. He has handled other intellectual property matters, including trademark prosecution, trademark oppositions, trademark enforcement, litigation, and copyright protection and litigation. Colin’s experience handling different intellectual property matters provides him with a unique and well-rounded perspective when counseling and advising clients on managing and protecting their intellectual property.
The University of Akron
- J.D., cum lade 2018
- Recipient of the Akron Law Intellectual Property Certificate
- IP Fellow for the Akron Law Center for Intellectual Property and Technology Law under the Honorable Ryan T. Holt (now at the Federal Court of Claims)
The Ohio State University
- Bachelor’s in Biology
- English minor
Why do I need a lawyer for
How can I tell what
Type of Patent?
How can I make
Do I need a trademark or
Do I need an LLC
To Sell Online?
Ready to get started?
EXPERIENCED. INTEGRITY. RESULTS.
What Makes Our Firm Different
The Intellectual Property Attorney you hire to represent you and your business is one of the most important decisions you will ever make.
These are the values that guide this firm:
- Client-Centered: Not every situation is the same; not all clients are alike. We take the time to listen, understand and make a plan based on your individual needs.
- End To End Support Services: We can connect our clients with anything from engineering and manufacturing advice to market testing and distribution, service far beyond a traditional intellectual property law firm.
- Friendly, approachable attorneys: The days of the stuffy lawyer talking down to you and charging you by the hour are long gone. Let’s talk more like old friends. We are inventors and entrepreneurs just like you.
- We don’t make you pay a fortune: Flat Rate billing is a feature of this law firm. Our philosophy is to make intellectual property services affordable and effective. It should not cost you $15k-$20k to get started with your idea. You can start today for a deposit of $275.
From the principal attorney
Having a lawyer is often the difference between success and failure. A good intellectual property lawyer is priceless. Without one, you’re basically out in the cold on your own. I have seen so much go wrong for clients’ businesses and even personal finances apart from the company.
– Jerry K Joseph Esq. Founding Attorney